How to Work with Bookmarks
EditRocket provides a navigation option known as a bookmark. A bookmark makes it possible to mark lines in code / text that is being edited. This allows the user to easily jump to these lines using a keyboard shortcut, menu option, or the bookmark selector tool.
Bookmarks can be added in the following ways:
- Select the Search -> Add Bookmark menu option
- Right-click on the line number of the line to be bookmarked
Bookmarks can be removed in the following ways:
- Right-click on the line number of a bookmarked line
- Select the Search -> Remove Bookmarks option
Once a line has been bookmarked, the line number for the bookmarked line will be highlighted with a blue background.
Users can jump to bookmarks in the following ways:
- Use the Control/Command-J keyboard shortcut to go to the next bookmark
- Use the Control/Command-Shift-J keyboard shortcut to go to the previous bookmark
- Use the bookmark selector tool (Search -> Bookmark selector or Control/Command-Shift-B keyboard shortcut)