The C++ editor included in EditRocket includes many tools to make C++ programming and source code creation easier. Listed below is information on the C++ specific tools offered by EditRocket. See the General Highlights section at the bottom of the page for more of what EditRocket has to offer.
The C++ Sidekick has a tab with a clickable list of common C++ coding structures such as the #include syntax; if, else, for, do while, and struct syntax; and main, and cout syntax. The C++ sidekick also has a tab for the C++ Method Navigator, which allows users to jump directly to any method in the editor with the click of a button.
C++ Method Navigator
The C++ Method Navigator tool parses the editor contents for C++ methods or functions and displays them in a clickable list. Clicking an option from the list takes the user directly to the point in the editor where the function is defined.
Other C++ Tools
EditRocket also provides other tools for C++ such as auto completing code blocks for if, else, while, etc.
|Source Code Editor||Coding Tools|
|Macros, coding inserts, plugins, syntax highlighting, and more.||Sidekicks, code builders, function navigators, program execution, and more.|
|Web Development Tools||Validators|
|CSS style builder, HTML tag builder, tag navigators, and much more.||XML, HTML, and CSS validators|
|Search Tools||Auto Completion and Lookup|
|Regular expression capable find and replace, find / replace in files across the entire file system and more.||Auto code completion, tag completion, and lookup for many programming languages.|
|File System Browser||File Compare|
|Browse files and directories, perform file operations, and more.||Compares files similar to the Unix diff command.|
|FTP and SFTP Client|
|Connect to SFTP and FTP servers. Browse, upload, download, rename, and delete files and directories and much more.|
- Syntax highlighting for over 20 programming languages
- A robust CSS Style Builder for creating CSS style sheets and an HTML Tag Builder, HTML Tidy Tool, and HTML Entity Selector
- The programming editor behind RazorSQL, a popular database query tool, since 2004
- Function / Method Navigators for displaying clickable lists of functions / methods contained in the editor
- Function / Method Lookup for quickly inserting functions or methods
- A Tag Navigator tool for displaying clickable lists of tags contained in the editor
- Key Ahead customizable by language for quickly entering text
- Bookmark functionality for quickly navigating through code.
- Recordable Macros for executing common tasks
- Code Inserts for over 19 languages for quickly inserting code
- File tools such as head, tail, regular expression search, move, copy, and delete
- Customizable and pre-defined code templates
- Spell Checker
- Works with all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS X, macOS, Linux, and Solaris.