Shell Script Editor
The Shell Script editor included in EditRocket includes many tools to make Shell Script programming easier. Listed below is information on the Shell Script specific tools offered by EditRocket. See the General Highlights section at the bottom of the page for more of what EditRocket has to offer.
Shell Script Code Builder
The Shell Script Code Builder includes information on the built-in commands / functions contained in the Shell Script library, for example, eval, export, printf, etc.
The Code Builder works by allowing users to select a command, and then it displays information for the command. The user can copy the command name to the editor, and the command / function signature will display as a tooltip.
Shell Script Sidekick
The Shell Script Sidekick provides tabs for Shell Script coding inserts, tools, and the Shell Script Function Navigator. The coding inserts tab gives users the ability to quickly enter many common Shell Script constructs into the text editor with the click of a button, or via customizable keyboard shortcuts. Some examples of code assistant options are control statements such as for, while, if, etc., function syntax, and more.
Shell Script Function Navigator
The Shell Script Function Navigator tool parses the editor contents for Shell Script functions and displays them in a clickable list. Clicking an option from the list takes the user directly to the point in the editor where the function is defined.
|Source Code Editor||Coding Tools|
|Macros, coding inserts, plugins, syntax highlighting, and more.||Sidekicks, code builders, function navigators, program execution, and more.|
|Web Development Tools||Validators|
|CSS style builder, HTML tag builder, tag navigators, and much more.||XML, HTML, and CSS validators|
|Search Tools||Auto Completion and Lookup|
|Regular expression capable find and replace, find / replace in files across the entire file system and more.||Auto code completion, tag completion, and lookup for many programming languages.|
|File System Browser||File Compare|
|Browse files and directories, perform file operations, and more.||Compares files similar to the Unix diff command.|
|FTP and SFTP Client|
|Connect to SFTP and FTP servers. Browse, upload, download, rename, and delete files and directories and much more.|
- Syntax highlighting for over 20 programming languages
- A robust CSS Style Builder for creating CSS style sheets and an HTML Tag Builder, HTML Tidy Tool, and HTML Entity Selector
- The programming editor behind RazorSQL, a popular database query tool, since 2004
- Function / Method Navigators for displaying clickable lists of functions / methods contained in the editor
- Function / Method Lookup for quickly inserting functions or methods
- A Tag Navigator tool for displaying clickable lists of tags contained in the editor
- Key Ahead customizable by language for quickly entering text
- Bookmark functionality for quickly navigating through code.
- Recordable Macros for executing common tasks
- Code Inserts for over 19 languages for quickly inserting code
- File tools such as head, tail, regular expression search, move, copy, and delete
- Customizable and pre-defined code templates
- Spell Checker
- Works with all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS X, macOS, Linux, and Solaris.