The COBOL editor included in EditRocket includes tools to make COBOL programming and source code creation easier. Listed below is information on the COBOL specific tools offered by EditRocket. See the General Highlights section at the bottom of the page for more of what EditRocket has to offer.
COBOL Function Navigator
The COBOL Function Navigator tool parses the editor contents for COBOL functions and displays them in a clickable list. Clicking an option from the list takes the user directly to the point in the editor where the function is defined.
COBOL Function Selector
Using the function selector keyboard shortcut, users can quickly bring up a clickable list of all functions in the editor. Selecting the function from the list takes the user directly to the point in the file of the function.
COBOL Code Inserts
EditRocket provides code inserts for various programming languages including COBOL. The inserts option provides a set of default inserts for COBOL. Additional code inserts can be added by the user.
COBOL Syntax Highlighting
EditRocket provides COBOL specific syntax highlighting. Colors and styles can be customized via the preferences window.
|Source Code Editor||Coding Tools|
|Macros, coding inserts, plugins, syntax highlighting, and more.||Sidekicks, code builders, function navigators, program execution, and more.|
|Web Development Tools||Validators|
|CSS style builder, HTML tag builder, tag navigators, and much more.||XML, HTML, and CSS validators|
|Search Tools||Auto Completion and Lookup|
|Regular expression capable find and replace, find / replace in files across the entire file system and more.||Auto code completion, tag completion, and lookup for many programming languages.|
|File System Browser||File Compare|
|Browse files and directories, perform file operations, and more.||Compares files similar to the Unix diff command.|
|FTP and SFTP Client|
|Connect to SFTP and FTP servers. Browse, upload, download, rename, and delete files and directories and much more.|
- Syntax highlighting for over 20 programming languages
- A robust CSS Style Builder for creating CSS style sheets and an HTML Tag Builder, HTML Tidy Tool, and HTML Entity Selector
- The programming editor behind RazorSQL, a popular database query tool, since 2004
- Function / Method Navigators for displaying clickable lists of functions / methods contained in the editor
- Function / Method Lookup for quickly inserting functions or methods
- A Tag Navigator tool for displaying clickable lists of tags contained in the editor
- Key Ahead customizable by language for quickly entering text
- Bookmark functionality for quickly navigating through code.
- Recordable Macros for executing common tasks
- Code Inserts for over 19 languages for quickly inserting code
- File tools such as head, tail, regular expression search, move, copy, and delete
- Customizable and pre-defined code templates
- Spell Checker
- Works with all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS X, macOS, Linux, and Solaris.