EditRocket, a Text and Source Code Editor with support for over 20 programming languages, includes a powerful PHP editor that strives to make PHP development quick, easy, and enjoyable.
The PHP editor included in EditRocket includes many tools and features to aid in PHP development. See below for information on the PHP specific tools offered by EditRocket.
See the General Highlights section at the bottom of the page for more of what EditRocket has to offer.
PHP Code Builder
With EditRocket, there is no longer a need to heft around PHP manuals or sift through PHP API documentation. EditRocket takes care of this for you with the PHP Code Builder. The code builder includes information on the built-in functions contained in the PHP library. The code builder can display all PHP functions, or functions can be broken down into categories such as FileSystem, FTP, MySQL, Socket, etc.
The Code Builder works by allowing users to select a function from the list, and then it displays information for the function such as function signature, description, and version information. The user can copy the function name to the editor, and the function signature will display as a tooltip.
PHP Function Completion
With EditRocket, there is no need to memorize the function signatures for the thousands of PHP functions. EditRocket can automatically display the signature after you type a PHP built-in function name and the opening parenthesis. For example, type mysql_connect( into EditRocket and the mysql_connect function signature will be displayed.
Code faster with the PHP Sidekick. The PHP Sidekick has tabs for PHP coding inserts, PHP tools, PHP utils, the Tag Navigator tool, and the PHP Function Navigator. The coding inserts tab gives users the ability to quickly enter many common PHP constructs into the text editor with the click of a button, or via customizable keyboard shortcuts. Some examples of code assistant options are control statements such as if, else, while, for, foreach, etc., and common global variables such as GLOBALS, COOKIE, GET, POST, REQUEST, and many more.
PHP Function Navigator
Easily jump from function to function with the PHP Function Navigator. The navigator parses the editor contents for PHP functions and displays them in a clickable list. Clicking an option from the list takes the user directly to the point in the editor where the function is defined.
Show in Web Browser
Quickly debug your PHP code with the Show in Web Browser tool. Users can view PHP scripts in the web browser by selecting the File -> Show in Web Browser option. The first time launch of this tool will prompt users to enter the local web server information. EditRocket will then build the appropriate URL, and create temporary files if necessary to diplay the PHP script in the web browser.
|Source Code Editor||Coding Tools|
|Macros, coding inserts, plugins, syntax highlighting, and more.||Sidekicks, code builders, function navigators, program execution, and more.|
|Web Development Tools||Validators|
|CSS style builder, HTML tag builder, tag navigators, and much more.||XML, HTML, and CSS validators|
|Search Tools||Auto Completion and Lookup|
|Regular expression capable find and replace, find / replace in files across the entire file system and more.||Auto code completion, tag completion, and lookup for many programming languages.|
|File System Browser||File Compare|
|Browse files and directories, perform file operations, and more.||Compares files similar to the Unix diff command.|
- Syntax highlighting for over 20 programming languages
- A robust CSS Style Builder for creating CSS style sheets and an HTML Tag Builder, HTML Tidy Tool, and HTML Entity Selector
- The programming editor behind RazorSQL, a popular database query tool, since 2004
- Function / Method Navigators for displaying clickable lists of functions / methods contained in the editor
- Function / Method Lookup for quickly inserting functions or methods
- A Tag Navigator tool for displaying clickable lists of tags contained in the editor
- Key Ahead customizable by language for quickly entering text
- Bookmark functionality for quickly navigating through code.
- Recordable Macros for executing common tasks
- Code Inserts for over 19 languages for quickly inserting code
- File tools such as head, tail, regular expression search, move, copy, and delete
- Customizable and pre-defined code templates
- Spell Checker
- Works with all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris.